Thursday, April 17, 2008

Questionaire Project

A while back we made some questionaire sheets that asked people how the felt about Gary. We took them to a Hip Hop Summit that was tributing Tupac at IUN. It was a success. We had college students, high school students, and older adults fill them out. Many said that their future was not in Gary. That was not a surprise to me. But overall it was cool that people even filled them out.
The Tribute to Tupac was very interesting. The speaker was well-known spoken word artist Malik Yusef. He was friends with late great Tupac Shakur. He explained how Pac really was. He also explained the demise of Tupac. I look up to Pac so I loved learning all I could about him. There was also a discussion afterwards about Hip Hop and the affect it has on our lives. The whole time I was amazed. It gave me some insight on how to the problems in the black and poor communities.

No comments: